The program requires 37 credit hours, including five 3-credit courses in Business Analytics, 1 credit in technical communications, four 3-credit courses in Project Management, and 9 credit hours in elective courses. Elective courses can be chosen from the MSBAPM program, the School’s MBA program or any approved UConn graduate-level courses and may include experiential learning credits.
A copy of the program plan of study can be found here.
The University of Connecticut Academic Calendar is available through the Office of the Registrar.
Required courses (5):
- Business Process Modeling and Data Management (OPIM 5272)
- Statistics in Business Analytics (OPIM 5603)
- Predictive Modeling (OPIM 5604)
- Business Decision Modeling (OPIM 5641)
- Data Mining and Business Intelligence (OPIM 5671)
Required courses (4):
- Introduction to Project Management (OPIM 5270)
- Project Leadership and Communications (MGMT 5620)
- Project Risk and Cost Management (OPIM 5668)
- Advanced Business Analytics and Project Management (OPIM 5770)
Elective courses can be chosen from the MSBAPM curriculum below or select course offerings in the School’s professional MBA program and may include experiential learning credits. With the approval of the Program Director, electives may include other University of Connecticut graduate programs.
- Visual Analytics (OPIM 5501)
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop (OPIM5502)
- Adaptive Business Intelligence (OPIM 5504)
- Analytical Consulting for Financial Services (OPIM 5505)
- Agile Project Management (OPIM 5507)
- Healthcare Analytics and Research Methods (OPIM 5508)
- Introduction to Deep Learning (OPIM 5509)
- Web Analytics (OPIM 5510)
- Survival Analysis using SAS BASE (OPIM 5511)
- Data Science using Python (OPIM 5512)
Please note, the program has a Windows-based laptop requirement as many courses require the use of Windows based software and application